Back again~Fuccillo Auto Mall

The love/hate relationship of this business began when my husband worked at Fuccillio's in Watertown, NY. This is where I figured out the car business as being this battle of good and evil. Living in Upstate was quaint. Tim's family was from there so moving was a family affair. His grandparents and mother came with us so they could visit the family and get us settled. Our kids were little and the ride was long, but having been seasoned movers (yes, sad, but true) we had another "adventure" this time Papa and Mimmy would keep them entertained telling the kids the brown cows gave them chocolate milk and the hay wrapped in plastic were marshmallows. The best trick Mim did with them was to create a story of being in a jungle and they had to look for animals. Of course Kasha always found what they were looking for and Corey would have to be the voice of reality of it's a game and so on. Kasha lived in her own little world which was an amazing place to be. She had imaginary friends that entertained her for hours. Before we left her Smurf/Squirrel friend Susie was missing. She couldn't find her any ware. I was helping her look for Susie, until Corey told her he killed her because she was annoying. We finally got settled into our house and our Neighbor's dog Sundance was soon to befriends with Kasha. We lived in a town outside of Watertown and it seemed to take hours to get into town. Tim worked in Adams a bit closer to home but the down side to that is, you can stop off for a drink more times than you can get a gallon of milk.
The store was open at 8am and closed when the last customer left which was always after 8pm 7days a week. This was before the Internet, Facebook, unlimited calling, and it it snowed in October! I became a married widow. We did have some really great times going over with a bunch of people in the dealerships to Grindstone. You had to boat over and the island was perfect for kids to just be kids. Soon after the kids would go to Maine and it was just Tim and I. We lived next door to the library so I was a reading fool. I would take up to 4 books with me and read them all. I have to say it was nice. I became friends with a woman that all the islanders were surprised because she usually kept to her self. That was one of the few woman I actually became friends with during this time. We had another couple that we would hang with. He was great, but she would drink a box of wine and turn into this evil woman that actually her husband named and it was bad at times. Somewhere along the way, I discovered it was easier just being by myself than having to deal with these bitches.
Soon after we settled in the chance for Tim to manage a store came up. He took it and moved a week before Christmas to Clifton Park, NY. We land there and Tim had to go to work first thing. Saying he would be back. Noon time came and Kasha was about ready to eat my ankles. One thing you didn't get in the way of is her eating. I had to go to the neighbors and call him to remind him of his other life and that we needed him for a few moments of his day. (yes, sarcastic tone I am using.) He comes back with a salesman and they start to unload the truck. They dropped everything in the middle of the living room, brought lunch, and left. You have no idea how mad I was. To the point that I unpacked the whole place like we lived there for years and cooked a pot roast during this time. Tim did come home at a reasonable time, but that was short lived. Corey was severely asthmatic and I had to take him to the doctors. We rarely owned a car due to having a demo, but that meant I couldn't drive either. Tim dropped us off mid winter at the doctors. He told me to call him because he had to get back to work. No big deal. Well, I called, he got busy and forgot to pick us up. The office closed for lunch for an hour. Did I say it was winter? I got a hold of my husband and being the perfecter of delegation he sent a salesman to get us home. Me being the great car wife did not make a scene. Thanked the strange person that drove us home and said not a word of how I felt. Sometimes silence says it louder than anything and giving credit where it's due. He isn't an idiot, just slow at times, but when he gets it. Game on......
 I can go on for days raving about the good and bad of this experience, but I will sum it up by saying. I did what we agreed I would do. I stepped back and let him do what he needed to do. As a result he is where he is today because of the pact we made and because of all he learned and accomplished with Fuccillio.

No comments: