Big Dick Bob Syndrome

This picture I saw on a friends Facebook page. I read the caption and instantly I thought, " wow I am so lucky!" I am very lucky because I don't ever have to be in that club. All the years my husband has traveled while I was home with our kids. He always put my mind at ease by late night phone calls telling me how much he loved me. Sadly though a point in my life I was so insecure I didn't get the depth of his love and loyality. Not because of him, but because of what I saw as a car wife.
This business is ego driven and with an ego comes many things. One is cheating on the spouse. I dubbed this the "Big Dick Bob Syndrome" years and years ago. As a car wife seeing how things worked. I became closed off to friendship and had little to no trust of anyone. Yes, at times it was even hard to trust my husband. Not from anything he did. It was more guilt by association. Through his career I met many couples who we socialized with. I was miserable. The wife constantly complained, nagged, and was just never happy.  Me, I didn't nag, and if I had a complaint , it was in our own home not with an audience.
If there was a remote chance I did happen to like a wife or two. I didn't get too attached because I knew what shananagans their husband was up to. I kept my distance because I wouldn't have to honor the girl code. I figured it was easier to not have friendships than deal with the drama. Plus at the end if the day. Its just business. Looking back I see how lucky I was and still am to have my husband's love and loyalty. Proof marriage can survive in the car business.

No comments: